A checklist for finding quality domiciliary care for a love.
Quality is incredibly important, especially when it comes to entrusting someone or a service with a loved ones personal life and care.
What is domiciliary care?
Domiciliary care is when an individual wishes to received extra support in their home. This can range from many different services, such as;
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Cooking food and shopping
- Medication assistance
And much more.
So, what needs to be considered when looking at a domiciliary care provider?
The needs of you loved one
Sometimes we may not know exactly what the solution is, however, we most likely will know the problems. What is your loved one finding difficult?
Check what is local in your area
Make a list of the providers in your area, and don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and ask them if they can come to you. Search engines such as Google have very helpful tools to find which provider covers your area.
Check their website, what does their mission statement say? If they are on social media, why not take a peek. You can build up a good picture of the company.
Review their CQC inspection
All care providers must be regulated and have regular inspections from the Care Quality Commission.
Training and Recruitment
Don’t be afraid to question a provider on their recruitment and training process.
- Where are staff sourced from?
- What are the requirements to become a care worker?
- Are all staff DBS checked?
- Are the DBS checks an enhanced or standard?
- What other background checks are carried out?
- How many references are required from last employers and professionals?
- What type of qualifications do the care staff receive?
- How long is the training?
- Is it a recognised qualification?
- How regular is the training updated?
Ask for an assessment
Most companies offer a free assessment and a rough care plan. They usually do this by coming to the individual’s home or virtually. This also gives the client and their family a chance to ask any questions about their service, policies, procedures, and anything else that may allow them to feel more at ease.
If you wish to find out more on what options are available, check out https://rosemontcare.co.uk/services/.